Friday, June 3, 2011

Kindergarten Memory Books

This is the cover with a class pic and a poem with the year and my name on it.



First pg is another poem with a personal note from me




I do a Memory Book for my Kinders each year. I always love to hear the excitement at the end of the year as they look through each one. I have had many parents come back to me the next year and tell me how much they enjoy these books and pictures. Many of my students don't have photos of them for their Star of the Week poster, so I know these photos are memories that will last forever. It is alot of work, but is so worth it. (Sorry, this sounds silly adding it in the middle, but I had to add the 1st 2 pics and had already typed this)


This one is my son's memory book. He was in my class this year so I know I can show his off.






I add writing samples each month and try to do a craft with paint or hand prints each month. This tree has fingerprints for apples. This one got deleted as I was typing the caption, so there will not be many captions. :(




In Sept, we study letter Tt and bring our Teddy bears to school




















































At the end, I add a picture of my (the teacher) and the student




They write what they liked best and it is amazing to see the difference in handwriting from August to May


I also have an autograph pg at the end but I accidentally deleted it when posting this :(


Sorry, I had a time posting this to my blog. It is much cuter in person. I try to do a handwriting sample each month and I take a photo each month. I take candid photos of our fun days all year and try to stick them in random places in each child's book. At the end, I stuck Houston's Kindergarten diploma, Perfect Attendance All Year Award and Principal List All Year Award .




Do you have any creative memory book ideas?
































































2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet teacher to do that! I know they will cherish those forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! What are the sections/activities in each book? Thanks for sharing!! I definitely am going to do something like this for my students when I have my own class!!

    Miss J

    smilescrayonsandendlessstories

    ReplyDelete