Today was our Black History Program at school. We had a special guest speaker and the program turned out PERFECT!! I am so glad it did, because I was one of the members on the committee who organized it. Everything ran so smooth and it was over before we knew it, all of the students also remembered their parts and speeches.
Here is our Superintendent wacthing the studnets perform. He is one of the NICEST me I know. He knows his teachers on a personal level and calls many by name. My name he calls me... MC. This man makes me laugh though as he has a great personality. I have great resepct for him and the things he is doing in our county.

This was our guest speaker,
Dr Willie Herenton, former mayor and superintendent of Memphis City Schools. After the ceremoney my principal had me taking pictures for her and when she introduced me to Dr. Herenton, she stated that I could, "teach a rock to read". Dr. Herenton told me he had great respect for me teaching Kindergarten because he once subbed in a K room and he said it drove him crazy with all the "little kids everywhere". He commended me for being a K teacher. haha. He seemed to be a very knoweldgeble man and had great words of wisdom to share with our studnets.

This is a picture of some of the Black History Committee members with our superintendent, Dr. Gray, Principal and Dr. Herenton.
Look how tall he was standing next to me!
I'm so happy the program went well but I hate I didn't get I see it!
ReplyDelete