So Friday we got a snow day for snow and ice and that afternoon our power went out and did not come back on until late last night (Sunday). Talk about being grouchy. I was furious! Almost all of my neighbors had power except a handful of us. We called Chickasaw Electric everyday twice a day and finally my neighbor (who had a generator) called me last night and said it came back on. Friday night we toughed it out. We slept with five layers of comforters on our bed and still froze. Saturday we drove around in the truck all day to stay warm. We ate our meal of the day at Barnhills since we had no power to cook. We had no power, no water, no heat and no generator. The other three neighbors had generators and the one that didn't have a generator went to stay in Memphis for the night. We were fortunate enough to stay with my parents Saturday. We slept in my sisters bedroom. They had no power either but ran a generator to heat the house,tv and refrigerator. Holly's (my sister) bed was short and my hubby is 6 foot tall, so you can imagine how uncomfortable we were. Mom and dad's power came back on Sunday morning and Tim's parents came on that afternoon. I was so happy when Helen called and told me we had power. I know it could have been much worse. I am just so happy we didnt have frozen pipes, a tree on the house and we didn't lose that much food. We did have to throw away all refrigerator food, but most things in the freezer seemed to be ok. Well, last night before we got our power back, we went to OCharleys to eat with a friend. While we were there Melissa called and said the news announced NO SCHOOL for today. OH what a blessing~! I needed to catch up on laundry, dishes and cleaning. Thank you for that phone call Melissa! Anyway, so today has been spent being lazy and not doing much of nothing. Tim's dad just called and said Tim's mom fell on the ice while trying to feed the horses. Tim went to check on her, please pray she is ok. Hope everyone has a great day!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm glad you're power finally came back!! I would have been grouchy too!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe ya'll had to go without power that long! I know you are so happy it's back on!
ReplyDelete