I am beginning to think I have insomnia or something because I have always gone to bed by 10pm and now it is at least 12 am before I get into bed and then I am wide awake before the alarm goes off. So, after my workout tonight, I decided to blog.
Where do I begin to list all the things that I am thankful for that I don't deserve?
*I am thankful for my wonderful family. My hubby hasn't had to work as much on the weekends the past few months and we have spent ALOT of much needed family time together. He is great and I am so happy to be married to him for almost 8 years!
*My handsome son, Houston. Gosh I love that kid. Every day I learn something new from him and I think I still fall in love with him more and more every day. He has been through alot of changes the past year and has been a real soldier.
* I am thankful for my son's relationship with the Lord! We finally got to go and meet with our preacher, bro. Jack and he gave us a great workbook titled, I'm a Christian Now! For Younger Kids. We have started the book and Houston seems to be really excited and engaged in learning about the scripture and activities for new Christians.
*I am thankful for the awesome girlfriends I have and the times we spend together.
* My job and my students in my class. Sometimes I get so busy and don't make time to listen and be there for my students and they need that. I feel like I need to TEACH TEACH TEACH! They often tell me, "I love you Mrs. Collins" and I tell them, I love them back. Today I had a child come and tell me how much they love me and just hug on me. I hugged them back and felt so good knowing that I make a difference in these kids lives.
* My health. Thnak you Lord Jesus for keeping me and my family well this winter. Houston seems to have bad sinus problems and croop but thankfully nothing serious so far.
* This beautiful spring weather- Today I took my class out and it was absolutely beautiful. One of my little girls sat there and played hairdresser on my hair and everyone got to run and play and burn some energy finally. Praise the Lord! haha Looking forward to another day outside again tomorrow
* Anyway, I just wanted to catch up and blog some tonight and express the many things that I am thankful for.
* Oh yea, I am so thankful that the Lord protected my mom on her Israel trip. It was a 16 hour flight and she was gone for almost 2 weeks. She has some cool stories to tell, that is for sure and Houston is obsessed with every little detail. Long story short...... Her friend that led the trip fell and broke her leg on the first day in Israel. The other tour guide didn't have an endorsement or something on his passport and got arrested and taken to jail in Jerusalem and mom accidentally deleted all her pictures off her new camera (which her SD card held up to 3,000 pictures) while on the trip. It has taken my mom 3 days to catch up on jet lag, time change and to re cooperate. She brought me back the coolest necklace from Jerusalem. It always points at the North Star, it has one big cross and 4 small crosses that represent Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And of course she brought back Hou Boo all kinds of goodies. His favorite, a stuffed camel. He loves camels and so does mom. She actually got to ride one while there and she was baptized in the Jordan River or the Mediterranean Sea? I can't remember.
Well, I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! I have kinda been busy this week but look forward to this weekend, I can't wait!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You do have one handsome son!!
ReplyDelete