Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beach trip

Houston at his "FLORIDA BEACH"

My Family
My parents and us at the Back Porch for dinner


My lovie!


We went on our family vacation to the beach at Destin, Florida last week with my mom and dad and my hubby and Houston. It was so much fun! The weather was fabulous and there was absolutely NO OIL where we were. It had been spotted in Ft Walton the week before and was spotted in Panama City too, but luckily, it overpassed Destin.


We spent our days on the beach, afternoons shopping and hanging at the pool. Our nights consisted of eating out and listening to the bands on the Harbor. The men hung out alot and got to do the "man" thing and the girls hung at the pool some. I met a new friend Lisa who I hung out with at the pool, EVERY afternoon or night and I missed a few old friends this year. My friend Kate that lives there was actually out of town that week, so we missed each other by one day. My other friend Maria, moved to another condo and I didn't get ahold of her until the last day. :( Houston had a blast though. He is quite the swimmer! He improves so much each year and I am so proud. This year, we did not even take his speedo life vest or floaties or anything. He was diving in to get the rings and toys and was so comfortable doing it. Well, on another note, my son now wants to move to Florida Beach. He has always loved and enjoyed going, but this year, i know he truley had a blast!
I wanted to blog about my vacation while I had a minute. I have been so busy this summer and to think the summer is already half way over :( Back to work I go in August. Gosh it went by so fast. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of yall on the beach! It would make a great new header!! I'm glad we got to hang out for a bit today. It was nice to chill in the midst of all my busyness lately!

    ReplyDelete