Wednesday, June 16, 2010

VBS update/misc

This is VBS at our church, First Baptist Fisherville. The theme is Saddle Ridge Ranch and the kids are having a ball. Today was Day 3, which was bring a friend day and hootin howdy hat day. The kids were just precious with her silly hats. My favorite one was Dylan in my class. His was a shark eating a girl's leg hat.I guess boys will be boys, right? Anyway, today was pretty special. It was the day, bro Jack preaches the gospel to the older children. We had 19 children come forward wanting to dedicate their life to Christ and 1 re dedication. Wow! I have the chills just talking about it, Amazing, is really how I feel and all I can say right now.

I have a few students in my class who don't go to church and I have been so proud of the way, they have stepped up, wanting to close us in prayer and be involved. They are ALL learning the Bible Verses each day, (of course, I give them a prize each day, if they do) and they have been so into the stories. I'm so proud to be a teacher, where I can devote my time to volunteer and help out at VBS each year. I absolutely love it! I have the BEST helper and assistant this year and they are so good and helpful with everything!

Houston brought 2 friends today and will be bringing 3 friends tomorrow. He was excited to have his friends at church with him . One little girl is even spending the night tonight, so she can go back tomorrow. Then tomorrow night, his cousin Abbi is supposed to spend the night. He has been looking forward to that for a while. I will update you on everything probably at the end of the week.

Today, we stayed in our pool all afternoon, since he had some friends go to church with him for vbs. It was like a hangout at our house. My sister came over to lay out and hang for a bit. Houston had 2 friends to swim with. My sister left and then one of the kids, Katelyn's mom came and brought sis Autumn. Then there were 4 kiddos in the pool and I had another ADULT to hang out at the pool. then they left and Makyala's ( the one that spent the night) parents came by to visit. Needless to say, it has been busy at my house today!

You probably already know, I like to jump around when I talk. So next, I was going to tell you about how much fun I had on my trip to the lake with girlfriends for a Bachleorette party and getaway. I so needed that break and I lived it up too! I layed out, jumped a cliff at Devil's Fork, which is so so so high. wow, I have butterflies just thinking about it. I tubed and am now covered in bruises. Went on a speed boat ride and I mean SPEED BOAT, thanks to my friend Melissa's future bro-in law Russell. Met some really sweet girls. Hung out with some really cool girls. Talked, laughed, ate, drank a couple margaritas, laughed, talked and had loads of fun. I will attempt to post pics or you can go to Melissa's blog to see the awesome pics. http://melissaannebradley.blogspot.com

Now, i don't know what is going on with me staying up so late, but so far, this summer, i have not been going to bed until between 11:30-2:00 am. Then i wake up just fine. Not tired or anything. i have gotten to where I check my facebook that late, clean house, fold laundry and do my Shred dvd. I am now on Level 2. I don't do the workout on a daily basis. I just don't have time and I started out being so sore. I do a day, then wait 2 or 3 days. but it has gotten so hot outside, i am thinking, I would rather do that 30 minute Shred, then walk or bike outside. It has been ridiculously hot so far this year and it is really getting to me. I can barely handle it. UGH.

Last, i wanted to blog about my beach trip. Well, it is next week and I have been updated online that the OIL arrived in Destin this afternoon. I am so sad. My hubby wants to just stay home, but I am hoping since it just arrived, that it may not be as bad. We have an exciting week planned, so please pray for our safety and for our trip to be a pleasant getaway!
Hope you had a happy hump day!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I am so glad you were able to go with us this past weekend! You were the life of the party, as usual!!

    I'll see you tomorrow, it seems as if we much to catch up on even though it's been less than 24 hours since I've talked to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car ride home I couldn't breathe. You are too much!!!! Just be prepared to STO! :)

    ReplyDelete