Sunday, February 27, 2011

First Tooth lost and Tooth Fairy Thoughts

Look who lost a tooth......You guessed it.... Houston did! He lost his first tooth on February 26, 2011. He is 5 1/2 years old and has been waiting on this day his whole life!
His tooth began hurting and I noticed it was loose about 5 weeks ago. His friend ate an apple and swallowed hers, so he has been scared of eating apples. I actually cut one up yesterday and he ate it. I was getting ready to go out last night and was telling him bye as he was eating a McDonald's hamburger. I heard him chewing and then a crunch noise. I immediately asked, "What was that?" As soon as he opened his mouth, I noticed his tooth was gone. We ran to the kitchen and spit it on a paper plate and there it was, his tiny tooth. He kept squealing "EEEK, I can't believe I really lost my tooth mommy!"It was so exciting to experience this with him. I am so happy it happened before I went out to the gala because if I would have missed this, I would have been so sad.
So, on the weekends, he is allowed to sleep in our room with us, because we stay up late, etc. I told him, he would have to sleep in his own bed or the tooth fairy may not come. When I got home around midnight, he had been asleep in his own bed since 9 p.m. That NEVER happens! The child is a NIGHT OWL.
The Tooth Fairy brought him $5, Tim's dad gave him $5 and Tim's mom told him the Tooth Fairy came to her house and left $5. Then his great aunt gave him $1. That is $16!
How do these kids rack up all this money these days? When I was a kid, I think I got 2 quarters and maybe $1 later on.

How much money does the tooth Fairy bring your child?







1 comment: