Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tired Tuesday

So last night I stayed up until 1:30 am and woke up at 5:45 am. Needless to say I was exhausted all day today. This morning we had an inservice county-wide breakfast at the high school with some boring guest speakers and then an awards ceremony. I got an award for having perfect attendance for the past 2 years with a check and I also got an award for having 100% Greatest Average Performance in Language Arts, Reading, Listening and Math on the TCAP test for my grade-level(Kindergarten) across all of Fayette County. I was so shocked and excited at the same time. I worked my tail off last year and felt I deserved an award but was so surprised that I got it for 4 areas. Only me and another teacher who is a veteran teacher and awesome got this award for Kindergarten. Hers was for 100% in Language Arts. Anyway, that was a way to pep us up for the school year! Go Hornets!

This afternoon, I took Houston to the doctor for his physical for Pre-K this year. He did great, he now weighs 43 pounds and is 42 inches tall. He got to see his favorite nurse Jeannie. She is a doll and he adores her. Dr. Newman says he is in the 75% for height and the 90% for weight. Anyway, I have got to get on bed early tonight due to lack of sleep last night. Houston is spending the night with mom, so I am trying to get stuff done without him in the house.

I have a prayer request and praise. A friend (Melissa) of mines boyfriend(Dustin) was in a car accident today. I think he is okay, but his truck is not. Praise God he was okay, but pray he gets everything straightened out and taken care of. This just makes you think you never know what each day brings. That is why we need to pray for others because not everyone is always this lucky.

1 comment: