I am on my break at school right now but, I have really been wanting to blog about my kids and hopscotch this week, I have just been so busy!
Sometimes, when it is too wet to go to the big playground, I take my Kindergarten students out front to do chalk or play ball. They have really gotten into playing hopscotch with the numbers and squares. I taught them how to play, where they use their gross motor skills to coordinate their body and hop on one or two squares to the end. Monday, I made the numbers go all the way to 20. I had a room mom out with us enjoying the nice day and she asked, "where is the rock?" I was kinda confused until she demonstrated how she grew up playing. I was amazed how you throw the rock starting at number one and hop to the end and back, then continue until you have hit all numbers. How fun! My kids loved it even more, because it was something new. How weird is it, that something so minor can be so interesting. My question is, How many of you have ever played hopscotch using a ROCK?
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How else do you play? Otherwise it's just jumping around!! You crack me up!
ReplyDeleteOH HOW I LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete