This month, the students have been learning about RESPECT from our guidance counselor each morning. We talk about it, ask questions, watch video clips and have group discussions. This morning our principal informed the students that each grade level that had the most respect during the month of October would get a really cool prize. She also told the kids, the teachers were gonna do a contest about respect to get a prize today. She asked for teacher volunteers and of course, I volunteered, wanting a "cool" prize. There were 2 groups of 4 teachers that volunteered to come on stage. However, we had no idea what we would be doing. Well......... the objective was to sing the song R-E-S-P-E-C-T by Aretha Franklin with NO MUSIC and have backup dancers. Whoever got the loudest claps or standing ovation would be declared the winner. In my group, it was Mrs. Long, Mrs. Alston, and I that danced with our "moves" as Ms.Gafford sang solo. It was absolutely hilarious and was the kids were tickled to death watching us act silly as we sang and danced. What a great way to start our morning. All through the day, I had people coming up to me commenting on my dancing moves. haha, I guess I was pretty bad. Anyway, we won and the prize was a free lunch of our choice paid for by the principal. So, tomorrow, we get honey glazed hot wings for lunch!!!!
It's gonna be a great day too, because it is Friday and Girl's Night Out!!! WHOOO HOOOOO
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I wish I would have had a video camera! You were TOO MUCH! HA! It was definitely a great start to the day and I was glad I made it in there in time to see it. Glad you're coming tomorrow night!!
ReplyDelete