Sunday, January 16, 2011

newest project complete

The latest project the hubby and I have been working on this week was doing something with our curtain to our sliding glass door. We have a back patio with glass sliding doors and when we moved in, we installed this sliding window blind curtain as a privacy curtain. We really don't have any neighbors out here in the country, but wanted to still have a blind up. I have been inspired by the famous blogger Babbling Abby to shop at Goodwill. She does a "What I wore Wednesday" and many other fun blog posts and has found excellent deals at Goodwill. I have hit up the one in Memphis this fall with Melissa and many trips with the hubby. A new one opened around Christmas in Collierville and we have been there at least a dozen times already. lol Anyway, I found these valances that I just loved, but wasn't sure where to hang them. That is when the hubby and I started discussing and decided to install a curtain rod in our living room so I could hang these beautiful curtains.
Here is the before pictures of the plain Jane curtain/window blind
again, but up close
tad ah! The finished product! I LOVE IT!



Well, there you have it! Our project completed and I am one satisfies wifey!
We had an incredible day yesterday partying at Incredible Pizza all day long and when I say all day, I mean all day. 7 hours riding rides and playing arcade games made me feel like a kid again.
Today, when I got home from church and teaching Sunday School to a fabulous group of 13 2nd graders. Yes, I said 13. These kids are showing up every week. We have never had more than 8 and today we also had 2 visitors. Praise God! Anyway, when I pulled in the driveway, the hubby had grilled out steaks and had baked potatoes and toast and everything ready. Wow! I was so proud of him and to top it off..... he had folded and put away ALL the laundry. It felt so good to come in and eat and relax. Then we rode bikes and the man trike (SEE PREVIOUS POST). It was hilarious to watch the boys on that thing but great exercise and bonding time spent together.
Later we went to a friend's house to hang out and came home watched Flicka and played wii. I had such a wonderful weekend and am looking forward to one more day staying home with my boys tomorrow in observance of MLK day.
Hope everyone enjoys their day off!

1 comment:

  1. I like how that looks. We have the vertical blinds in our dining room. I might need to try a valance with them also.

    ReplyDelete