Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Days with picture overload

Monday and Tuesday we were out of school for snow days. If you know anything about Fayette county, you know, we usually get out of school for cold weather, too much rain and definitely for snow. This year, the new superintendent set up a call system that alerts teachers and students of no school. That was awesome to get that call the night before so we could sleep in on the actual day. Monday we were outside at least 8 hours with neighbors, friends, and family. We sledded, rode 4 wheelers, built snowmen, threw snowballs, made snow angles and had a chilly time. Here are just a FEW pictures. (more like an overload :) )
Our house and barn from the road
Our snowmen family of 3
Father and son on four wheelers =snow slinging daredevils


me with Houston and Paws on the sled. Yes, I was sore the next day

Hou Boo riding on his sled and eating snow as he goes
Houston with Tim's parents
Ready to have some more cold fun
Houston loving on his pony BUCK

Gotta love those baby blues
Ready to race in the snow
Houston with Paws (she looks like a child) lol


When it first started!!!!


Ready to go PLAY!!!


Snow angels






Snow balls


Houston's 2 ponies
Buck


SNOW CREAM

SOOO YUMMMY
Yes, it ate almost the entire bowl by the end of the day

So, that is a summary of our 2 snow days! Now, yesterday when we went back to school, I had to catch up on 3 days of work in one day. But today, my students worked hard and got done a little early, so we went out and had a little fun in the snow.

They LOVED IT!
So, there ya have it! The thing I love about all this COLD snow is, it is still pretty and all over the ground. Usually when it snows, it melts away or turns to sludge and ice within a day. This time is the first time ever, it has blanketed the ground and been beautiful. I live out in a rural area and on my way to work, one of the roads is still iced over. It has been scary driving down this road covered in trees, but is such a beautiful sight to see. Isn't our God amazing?
Tomorrow, I am bringing the ingredients and we are going to make snow cream with sprinkles. My kindergarteners have worked so hard to earn a compliment party. They have gotten 5 different compliments this year and have spelled the word PARTY, so I am going to surpirse them tomorrow with a little party. They voted today & majority wanted ice cream, so what could be better? SNOW CREAM
Well, I had a wonderful Girl's Night Out last Friday night and will be heading back for another GNO tomorrow night with some fabulous ladies and I am soooo excited. Watch out Strawberry Margaritas, cause HERE I COME!!!
Saturday, Houston has a birthday party to go to at Incredible Pizza and i am super pumped. i talked the mom into having it there and she paid for the deluxe bday party package which is $25 a child with unlimited game play and free rides all afternoon. You have to have at least 10 kids and the little girl only wanted to invite Houston and 2 others. So me and my gal already talked about it and guess who will be hitting up the games and go carts? Yep,. you guessed it. ME
Hope yall have a fabulous weekend and enjoy this beautiful but cold snow before it melts away~





























2 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures! I can just see memories being made when I look at the pics of him on the sled! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all had so much fun! I stayed inside in my pj's by the fire most of the day.

    ReplyDelete