Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Faves

This summer I have been busy but have spent alot of time watching movies due to this crazy heat. That is something I do not do much, usually we are outside or on the roads. Houston loves checking movies and books out of the church library each week, so I decided to check out some DVD's one day. I tried Fireproof first and absolutely cried my eyes out and thought it was amazing. It was truly an inspirational story. I watched it again and made my husband watch it with me one night too. He even got into it and he is not a big TV fan. I wish they would show this to all married couples or couples having marital issues.




The next movie I checked out was Facing the Giants. This was another tear jerker. Such a great story and I LOVE the way these movies involve God and have been written by a Christian producer. I was so happy to see that they still made Family movies and the story had such an amazing moral to it. "You can't wait for the rain to come, if you haven't prepared for it". Just like being a Christian. We can't just sit back and wait on God to do everything until we stand up and do our part first. Check it out if you have not seen this one!

The last one Houston, Tim and I all fell in love with was, the Blind Side. I know, it has been out for a while, but like I said, I am not a big movie watcher. This movie was special to us because, Tim's dad works at Briarcrest Christian School (where Big Mike really went) and me and Tim use to help work the football games, directing traffic. I remember the year they went to football Championship when he played there. I know, crazy, right? Tim actually remembers and talked to him. Once again the moral to that story was awesome. Truly a blessing that someone would just take a homeless teenager, not knowing anything about him in their home and take such good care of him. UGH, I can't even talk about it, I just LOVE IT! Houston said, "mommy, can I get this movie for my birthday?" That child loves adult movies with people in them. He is not much of a cartoon watcher.
Well, I wanted to share that with ya and if you have not seen these great films, I urge you to go check em out! What are your favorite movies?

2 comments:

  1. We have still not seen The Blind Side and I really want to! I guess we should rent it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we were just talking about this movie the other night (The Blind Side). Such a great movie!

    ReplyDelete