Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling............

This is how the Collins' family ROLLS...................................................
Here we go....
Just not too sure about it yet

WHOAAA


Back up again

Trying really hard to stay up


And he's down
he's off for now
ut o, back down

He was chosen to throw the dice for the number game

OHHHHHHH

Holding on
Loving every bit of it!
We had a ball, can you tell he was about to fall?


Last night we took Houston skating for the very first time. It was fabulous and we had the time of our life. He was so excited and when we walked in, he got nervous and said he was scared. We found out it was family night from 6-8 for only $4 at Funquest, we took advantage and went. It was so entertaining to see some people out there trying to skate. Houston changed skates 3 times. We started out with regular roller skates, then the guy noticed he was a first timer and hooked us up with the kind that have wheels that barely roll. So we tried these out for a while and it was basically like Houston was walking in these heavy skates. Next, we tried the original ones again, but they were tight so we exchanged them for a size bigger. He got comfortable and decided he wanted me to skate too. I loved it! It so made me think of my childhood memories of having and going to birthday skating parties with my bestie Stephanie every year. It was especially weird, when they played "Ice Ice Baby', by Vanilla Ice. Whoa, talk about going back in time.....that song was so popular at skating rinks when I was growing up. Yes, I realize, I am telling my age now.
Anyway, I think Houston did fabulous for a four year old and a first timer! Tim chose NOT to skate after a past memory of him and I going skating for my birthday and him staying on the floor more than standing. ha! He just doesn't have what it takes! Oh, but I did witness an older man fall and hurt his arm, then, he fell again and hit the back of his head really hard against the concrete corner. I checked on him both times and he was a first time skater. He was really dizzy, so I went and got him a bag of ice. He looked like he was trying to black out, so I went and got a staff member. Please pray for this man. He had a wife and 2 young children and they were really upset. I am sure he is alright today, but I know he is probably really sore today.

1 comment:

  1. Those are cute pics! In that picture of Houston holding the dice, that's Kim Martin's mom in the background! She's the manager over there. Haha!

    ReplyDelete