Monday, August 9, 2010

Catch up from the weekend

This would be the bday Build a Bear Camo Ammo
Houston at Maple Grove Farm for Ava's party




Houston and Trey

Dustin's party
Hou Boo and Jodi


me and Beth


Hou and Sissa

I have been slacking the past few days on blogging. I have just been going and going and haven't had time to slow down yet. So, I thought I would catch you up...... Friday night I went shopping to take advantage of the tax free weekend and then we took Houston to Build a Bear to use his bday gift card. Of course, he chose to purchase the camo bear and tent. It is too cute!

Saturday was spent partying all day! We had 3 parties in one day, we made some big furniture purchases (I will keep ya posted) and shopped a little more.

Saturday morning was spent at Maple Grove Farm, which is the best place to have a children's bday party. The kids were so entertained and the adults got to hang around and talk.

Saturday night we headed over to Dustin's birthday party at Melissa's house. I shouldn't say Melissa's house anymore, because they have been married a month and it is his too, but that is just habit. It was so much fun! I think everyone had a wonderful time. Houston and Neal always have such a great time together, Tim hung out with the guys and I hung out with the girls, the guys and Beth I tried to keep our little ones entertained. Jennifer and Jodi and Melissa even helped on that one too. They all played a little ball in Melissa's backyard with the kids. We had a ball as always with everyone :)

Sunday was refreshing as I heard an incredible back to school sermon at church. Wow, my heart needed to hear that and I know that through that sermon, God was speaking to me. I have been praying about many things and I know that in time, everything will work. I just need to be patient. Sunday afternoon was lazy but do you know what 5 hours on the water feels like? OUCH, let's just say my body is feeling it in certain areas and I am thinking sunscreen will benefit next time.

Today was back to school to test the Kindergarteners. Do you know how boring it can be to test a handful of students and then do nothing the rest of the day? I would rather be teaching my class, then trying to find something to do. The kids usually check out after their test and leave, so it is the other K teachers and me and maybe 3 kids. UGH, Anyway, there will be a routine Friday when they start their first day! YAY! After school, Houston and I headed to Oakland to run some errands and do some more shopping. So now I am home and exhausted and thinking of hitting the sack early!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mandy...I'm a new blog follower! I actually found you through Melissa, but my bff is Leigh Anne and she told me about you, too...apparently you and I are cousins haha! She asked if I knew you, and of course with all the Burrows', I had no idea! Anyway, your dad and my dad are cousins (my dad is Hunter Burrows). I thought that I would introduce myself...hopefully we can meet in person some day!

    Have a great week back at work!

    PS...Houston is PRECIOUS! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad yall came Saturday!

    ReplyDelete