Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome to Mrs. Collins Kindergarten Room

Ok, so I finally got some pics of my classroom this week. I wanted to take some of the students, but it was crazy trying to get everyone into a routine and trying to teach rules and procedures.
Here are my mailboxes. The kids put their papers or other things that need to go home each day here.


Here is my teacher table where I teach small group. Behind my table, I have the colored cart organized with my supplies and my teacher editions are in the yellow crate on the air conditioner vent.

This is a view from the back of my class. This is the back of my easel I teach from, my rocking chair and a view of my classroom tables.


This is my manipulatives. They are labeled and organized into math on the right side and reading activities on the right side. Also, my science and ss Big Books I teach from.


This is my behavior system. It seems to be working well! Last year we did 5, 4, 3,2,1. This year our principal wants E,S,N,U. They get one warning before they move to an S.


This is my listening center. Also, I have my state standards chart posted. Now, I have moved teh spi chart up higher and posted my Star of the Week poster and child's' faves on this board as well. I have added a small child's beach chair here for the children to listen or sit and read in.


This is my News Board. I have menu, schedule, roster, newsletter and VIP info posted on this board. Also, my mini laptops are here.


This is my whole group area. We do Reading, flash cards, morning message, calendar, stories and many other fun things here.

This is the back side of my morning meeting area and my classroom library.


Here is an interactive pocket chart I use for stations. I update it every 2 weeks. Also, my Star of the Week bag, bear and folder for the Star to take home each week.

Here is another cabinet with manipulatives and games to play at stations or free time. To the side is my stations rotation chart. i have not added names and grouped students due to not having Dibels scores back yet.

This is my dramatic play center. The children love to look at the real cookbooks and recipe cards.
This is a view from when you walk in the classroom. Notice the word wall in the back. It will be completely full by the end of the year. My students usually learn about 200 K, 1st and even some 2nd grade sight words. I had to add an extra table this year due to having 21 kids compared to the usual 16 to 18. We only have 2 K classes rather than 3 this year.

This is another view of the side of the room from the front of my classroom.


Also, the chairbags are new! I love them! I provided the demin fabric and the other K teacher sewed them. We have 22 chairbags each. It worked out perfect! Usually, I use the vinyl ones and they tear up and get stained and nasty. So excited about these! Anyway, here is Mrs. Collins' Kindergarten classroom! Welcome!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I like your classroom also. :) I'm always searching for new classroom pictures and ideas to borrow. I really like the chart where your classroom library is. It looks really neat and organized. I'm all about tidy! And I've always wanted seat pockets...maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo jealous of the chair pockets, the kids' tables, AND the make believe stations. I come from a district that doesn't really permit play in K and it makes us all bonkers. No recess/play/downtime for 5-year-olds is ridiculous!

    Love your room! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom looks great! Thanks for sharing a glimpse!

    ReplyDelete