Thursday, August 12, 2010

Teacher Week~ Day 4

If you have been reading my blog this week, the you know it is Teacher week from Babbling Abby's blog. Today's' theme is all about "showing off" your classroom. I have been super busy this week Brigance testing students and we have had some changes at our school this week and in my grade level, so I have not had the time to take pics of my classroom yet. Tomorrow is the first day for Kindergarteners, so I will def take pics to show you.
These pics are from last year.

This is my Reading area for Circle Time and Whole Group Reading Lessons
This is a view facing the entrance to my room.
By the door are my mailboxes, pocket chart, manipulative/game cabinet and bean bags for reading. To the right of the door is my computer station and kitchen. I now have an additional 4 mini laptops at my computer station.

Here is the front of my room. Board, Message Center, Star of the Week Board and in the back, an interactive alphabet bulletin board.

This is the back side of my room. My file cabinet, storage cabinet for supplies, snacks, art and craft supplies.My discipline system is the traffic light on the storage cabinet with clothes pins.


This is a view from the entrance of my classroom door. It is small and was once an open classroom. Yea, not my cup of tea, but I did it anyway. Now it is closed off. This year I have 21 students with one more table and chairs, so it is a little crowded right now.
And that is it. I will definitely update you with new pictures in the next few days!





2 comments:

  1. 21 one five year olds is ALOT but if anyone can do, you can!! I think you'll find that you have a very good group this year. I loved those kids last year and they are so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to decorate my room!!! I still have a looong way to go though!

    ReplyDelete